Monday 22 August 2011

And I arrive in Madison!

Ok, so after I finished freaking out about the fireworks place and staying until they closed, I drove on around the bottom of Lake Michigan.

Gary, Indiana, the town right at the tip of the lake that was founded by US steel as a company town, was lit up with a million green and orange metal vapour lamps and the huge flare of blue flame from the main steel mill in town was a sight to behold.  It just reminded me of the tremendous amount of energy an physical force necessary to make every bit of the most important and widely used metal on earth.

And it smelled real funky.

After that, I hit Chicago:




I apologize for the shots of downtown being kind of lame, but I was trying to drive and shoot at the same time.  Not the smartest thing.

In actuality, Chicago is really impressive.  The density and size of the downtown core is astounding, especially the height of some of the buildings.  It must be second only to new york for this in North America.

After Chicago, I drove about up to Madison, Wisconsin, to stay with my friend Dylan who I haven't seen in almost 2 years.  After I got there, we went out to a bar and played a game of pool, and I had my first pint of PBR in months.  Hit the spot.  

Then deep couch sleep.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be sure, the Sears Tower is the tallest skyscraper int he US since September 11, 2001.

    ReplyDelete